Combine the love of the outdoors with the love of crafting


Hey guys, I said in my past posts that I wanted to make more and create more and we'll I've also wanted to go outside more and be active. Two  Sundays ago I went hiking with the family and we wound up by a small river. We had to hike down a hill to get to it. My twins wanted to skip stones and play with sticks it was so much fun. After a while I saw how much driftwood was around so I decided to pick up a few to paint and hang at home. A little DIY home decor.

Here's a few pictures of the hike


Fast forward 2 weeks later I finally got around to painting and spending some time in my backyard, it was a warm day 
The materials I used 
-Acrylic paints 
-Brushes 
-Sander (99 cent store)
-Driftwood 

I placed paper down first on the table so I wouldn't get paint on it. I sanded the wood just slightly to get dirt off and smooth the surface. I took a few different colors of paint and just painting sections of the wood and stood them up on a box to dry.
This was the finished work or so I thought. I left them alone for a few hours then I realized I had thread I had purchase at a really cute store called Daiso Japan, I'll talk about it soon it's like a dollar store just all Japanese products.
 
So this is what I did after with my thread, pretty color
 Hope you like too

Comments

Popular Posts