Spicy Chocolate Ganache



I heart desserts from every single place I can get my hands on one, their is a pie shop in Los Angeles in the arts district called the Pie Hole they have a Mexican hot chocolate pie I've been craving for a while, I've also been iching to make macarons. Today I got a brilliant ideas to make spicy chocolate ganach for filling macarons, I looked up a recipe for spicy ganach, the recipe asked for ancho chili and cayenne pepper. I only had cayenne and a Mexican mix from food 4 less (Kroger brand). So I did my best to improvise and I think it came out quite good. I can taste all chocolate but at the end theirs a hit of spicy. It's so easy hope you enjoy.








1 cup heavy whipping cream 
4 tbsp butter
10 oz semi-sweet chocolate 
2tsp Mexican blend spice 
1/2 tsp cayenne 

Place chocolate chips in a bowl with the spices and set aside, place butter and cream in a sauce pan  heat until butter is melted and cream is boiling around the edges. Add cream and butter to the chocolate bowl and whisk until it is all brown. You can let it cool then pour onto cupcakes and cakes or you can let it sit in the fridge for a couple weeks and spread it. I'm saving mine for macarons. 

Tip* when covering the bowl with plastic don't leave ari between the plastic and ganach place the plastic directly onto the ganach so it dosent form a crust.


Let me know if you liked and tried it.


Comments

Popular Posts